RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

+ A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

+ A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = Empty
PostSubject: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:28 pm

A Rift in Time

"Should we tell them?" The man stated, rubbing his chin which was coated in small grey stubble. He ran a hand through his grey hair next, and glanced at the other man and the woman. "This was never a good idea, we should have stopped before it started."
The woman sighed, looking at the grey haired man with simpathy. Her hair was blonde and pulled back into a bun on the top of her head. "We knew this would happen, I just didn't think it would have this large of an effect."
The second man had brown hair and looked at the other two with raised eyebrows, "You both are idiots. All we need to do is send them back to fix it, and then everything can go back to normal."
If only it could be that simple.

Plot -
Two kids, both age fourteen, live and work for the government, having been specially chosen for their new program. Their job is simple: All they have to do is go back in time for certain assignment and prevent little things from happening, to change the future. They both are in the custody of the government, having no recolection or memory of their birth parents or if they even have family. One day, three of the top government officials take them both into an office and explain to them that they are really from a past time, taken away from their origional time period for the assignment. Now, it's time to go back and fix what the officials caused. Now it's time to cause a rift.

Form:
Name - Modern or old
Description - Make it fairly detailed
Time Travel Item - The thing that allows them to time travel, and helps them while they are there
Origional Time Period - The time they were origionally from.
History - Who they were in their origional time period, prince, princess, anything goes. Make this insanely detailed.
Anything Else - If there wasn't something previously listed.

My Character -
Name - Lilliana Marie Grimm
Description - Hitting just about 5'5 and a half, Lilliana, sometimes called Lilli by friends, has a quite average figure. Starting from the top, Lilli has dark brown hair that sometimes looks red in the right light. It's fairly curly and comes to right below her shoulder blades. Her skin is fairly pale, but tans instead of burning when she gets into the sun. Lilli's eyes are a deep green, sometimes grey depending on the lighting or what she's wearing. She has a small silver charm on a black cord necklace and black oval framed glasses. She tends to bit her lip a lot and you see that more when she's thinking. You can always tell because she'll have her hair pulled back into a low pony-tail. Lilliana's clothes usually consist of jeans and random tee-shirts with book characters or comic book heros on them. She wears black high-top converse all of the time which have small doodles drawn on them, each reprensenting a different time period she's been too.
Time Travel Item - A small PDA-type item that is sleek and silver. It has the abilty to change time periods, make Lilliana invisible, and give her information about any person she meets, anything she sees, or what-ever time period she is in. It can also double as a translator in case she meets someone who doesn't speak English and needs help communicating with them. The PDA can also disguise itself to look like something more time-centric, like a note book, or something even like a rock, so no one thinks it's something from the future. Lilliana is the only person that is able to use the PDA and command it because it only reacts to her personal DNA, meaning that even if it was stolen the person couldn't operate it.
Origional Time Period - May 14, 1873; Hanua, Germany
History - Lilliana Marie Grimm was born to parents Wilhelm and Henriette Grimm. Her birth father was Wilhelm Grimm, of the Brother's Grimm, and Lilliana grew up hearing the Germanic folk-tales that her father and Uncle told around her entire house. Her mother was involved in the stories also, being the one to tell the brothers the story of 'Little Red Riding Hood'. Lilliana was the oldest of her two brothers, her younger sister not surviving after child birth. At the age of ten she was kidnapped by the future American Government to protect her from a group of people that thought her father and Uncle were warlocks because of the tales they told. Lilliana's memory was wiped by the Government and she was raised by one of the heads of the CIA, a woman with blonde hair named Jenna Clark. For the past four years Lilliana has been getting flashes of her old life, but can never remember anything for more than a moment.
Anything Else - She could speak German when she lived with her origional family, but now it's very hard for her to remember an entire sentence, let alone a conversation, or to be able to translate anything.

Jay's Character -Name: Jacob Nathaniel Night (It properly should be Jacob Theo van Gogh (See Below) )
Description: Jacob has dark brown hair which has a slight tint of red to it. He stands at 5 foot 7 inches. Jacob has a slight tan to his skin. His eyes are a sea-green just like his father's. His usual attire is simble, either a black or white t-shirt and jeans or shorts. Jacob always carries a dark brown backpack on his shoulders. The backpack contains multiple sketchbooks which contain drawings and sketches of the different 'time places' he's visited. The backpack also has a book which contains some of Van Gogh's most famous paintings. Jacob feels like he's always had a special connection to Vincent Van Gogh's paintings, he just doesn't know why. His hair is cut short to about an inch to an inch and a half. Jacob's room in the goverment's 'Time Agency' building has a couple easels set up with his oil-paintings and pastels. A large print of Van Gogh's The Café Terrace on the Place du Forum, Arles is hung up on his wall. That particular painting had always been his favorite. Jacob has a faint Dutch-French accent.
Time Travel Item: Jacob's travel item is a multi-functional digital watch. It has a metallic finish to it along with a blue base. In water, the watch will form a bubble around Jacob (or the wearer.) When taken off of his wrist, the watch will turn off and become a useless piece of junk. The watch will become something more 'time-appropriate' if needed. If the watch is not returned to Jacob's wrist with in a time period of three hours, the watch will transport itself back to his wrist.
Original Time Period: May, 13th, 1876 Cuesmes, Belgian
History: Jacob was born as the son of Vincent Van Gogh. His mother was a schoolteacher named Merry whom Vincent dated and saw for a year. When Vincent learned that he was to have a son, he proposed to Merry. The day after Jacob was born Merry experienced a severe heart attack. Vincent was left to raise Jacob as his own. Jacob grew up like any other kid in that time area, but his Dad always set aside time for Jacob to learn how to paint and draw. Jacob was almost considered an art prodigy. At the age of nine he was kidnapped by the future government. When Jacob's mind was wiped, he still kept his artistic talent that his father had taught him. Vincent Van Gogh spiraled into depression and mental problems after he learned that his one and only son was kidnapped. Van Gogh's most famous piece; Starry Night was inspired by Jacob's fascination with the night sky. Jacob can still speak scattered French. The government changed Jacob's middle and last name so that he wouldn't get any ideas.

A Rift in Time - There's a reaction to every action.

Last edited by Runa on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:14 pm

Name: Jacob Nathaniel Night (It properly should be Jacob Theo van Gogh (See Below) )
Description: Jacob has dark brown hair which has a slight tint of red to it. He stands at 5 foot 7 inches. Jacob has a slight tan to his skin. His eyes are a sea-green just like his father's. His usual attire is simble, either a black or white t-shirt and jeans or shorts. Jacob always carries a dark brown backpack on his shoulders. The backpack contains multiple sketchbooks which contain drawings and sketches of the different 'time places' he's visited. The backpack also has a book which contains some of Van Gogh's most famous paintings. Jacob feels like he's always had a special connection to Vincent Van Gogh's paintings, he just doesn't know why. His hair is cut short to about an inch to an inch and a half. Jacob's room in the goverment's 'Time Agency' building has a couple easels set up with his oil-paintings and pastels. A large print of Van Gogh's The Café Terrace on the Place du Forum, Arles is hung up on his wall. That particular painting had always been his favorite. Jacob has a faint Dutch-French accent.

Time Travel Item: Jacob's travel item is a multi-functional digital watch. It has a metallic finish to it along with a blue base. In water, the watch will form a bubble around Jacob (or the wearer.) When taken off of his wrist, the watch will turn off and become a useless piece of junk. The watch will become something more 'time-appropriate' if needed. If the watch is not returned to Jacob's wrist with in a time period of three hours, the watch will transport itself back to his wrist.

Original Time Period: May, 13th, 1876 Cuesmes, Belgian

History: Jacob was born as the son of Vincent Van Gogh. His mother was a schoolteacher named Merry whom Vincent dated and saw for a year. When Vincent learned that he was to have a son, he proposed to Merry. The day after Jacob was born Merry experienced a severe heart attack. Vincent was left to raise Jacob as his own. Jacob grew up like any other kid in that time area, but his Dad always set aside time for Jacob to learn how to paint and draw. Jacob was almost considered an art prodigy. At the age of nine he was kidnapped by the future government. When Jacob's mind was wiped, he still kept his artistic talent that his father had taught him. Vincent Van Gogh spiraled into depression and mental problems after he learned that his one and only son was kidnapped. Van Gogh's most famous piece; Starry Night was inspired by Jacob's fascination with the night sky. Jacob can still speak scattered French. The government changed Jacob's middle and last name so that he wouldn't get any ideas.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:33 pm

I gasped, jolting up in my small twin size bed. Sweat was beading on my forehead so I wiped it away with my arm. Breathing slowly, I blinked and blew out a small breath, my dream had been so vivid. It was me, yet not really. I was in a small home with a man and a woman, and there were two other kids there with me, two boys, maybe a year apart from each other. One had dark reddish-brown hair like mine, and the other had light blonde hair, like the woman. Slowly, I slid out of bed and pulled my messy hair into a pony-tail before getting dressed into a pair of jeans and a tee-shirt that said, 'And then Buffy staked Edward. THE END.' Smiling at the shirt, I yawned and glanced around my room, one entire wall was covered in book shelves, with various fairy tales and folk tales from different countries. Grabbing my PDA, I walked outside my room and to the one right next to mine before pounding on it with a fist, "JACOB! GET YOUR LAZY BUTT UP!" I shouted idly, before quitting pounding and leaning against the wall, waiting for my best friend to get his butt out of bed. It was time for breakfast, and the government made us use the buddy system, meaning I couldn't walk down to the cafeteria by myself. I hated that rule.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:05 pm

My dream consisted of a room filled with paintings. Every single one of them belonged to Vincent Van Gogh. I was startled awake my one and only friend in this Time-Agency's building. I slid out of bed and pulled on a clean grey t-shirt. along with a pair of fresh jeans. I quickly checked my watch before opening the plain white door to see Lilliana leaning against the wall waiting for me. "Me and my lazy butt wanted to sleep longer." I said with a smirk. We walked down the long hall, towards the mess hall. I shivered slightly, whoever ran this place probably had some weird disorder that made them hot all the time. I pushed open the swinging door that led into the large room which smelled of sweet syrup and pancakes.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:18 pm

"Man, I wanted Waffles!" I groaned, heading towards the area with plates stacked up and pancakes on a plate. Taking a couple of them, I drowned them in syrup, put some strawberries on top and then whipped cream. I was such an un-healthy person, but I didn't really care. Heading for a table, I spotted Ms. Clark at the door right as she saw me. Something about her look made me shiver as I sat my plate down. She walked towards Jacob and I purposefully and then touched my hand which was laying on the table. "Lilliana, Jacob. I need to see you in my office, immidiantly." Standing up, I ignored my pancakes, something about this seemed to important to argue about. Glancing at Jake from the side, I gave him a questioning look before motioning for him to stand up too and follow me. She had said for him to come too, and there was no way I was going into a superior's office without a friend.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:33 pm

I raised my eyebrows in surprise and followed Ms. Clark out of the cafeteria towards her office. This was going to be fun, she rarely ever called someone to her office. And, she had a grudge on me. See, there was this one time where someone went in and destroyed all of the clothing that we used to disguise ourselves in the different time periods. When she found out, she was furious, and she blamed it on me because I was just passing through the hall, and I was the first one that she saw. I tried to explain everything to her but she ignored me. Ms. Clark held open he door for us and led us into her dark office. She flicked on one of the flourescent lights. Her office was basic and plain. There was a desk in the center of the room with a few chairs in front of it. I looked over at Lilliana, confused.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:47 pm

"I'm regretful to have to inform you of this." Ms. Clark stated while sitting down in her chair and folding her hands in her lap. I gave her a questioning look, catching Jacob's in my periphial vision before she continued. "Lilliana, Jacob," She paused, tapping a finger on her desk, "Neither of you are from this time period." I blanched, what? I didn't understand what she was saying, was the woman who had raised me saying that I was some time travel baby? "I know this might come as a shock to you, but here me out. Myself and the other two directors took you both out of your respective time periods when you were young to save you from a group. This group is supposedly called 'The Circle of Protectors' and they are from the distant future. Their goal is to go back in time and take famous people as they are children and then sell them to people in the future, so they can say that their child is famous. They targeted both of you for their own personal gain, but by doing this they have changed the corse of time, and so did we. Now, we need you two to fix it." I think I went into shock.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:08 pm

I didn't really have a reaction. I partly think it was because the full realization of what she had just said hadn't hit me yet. "So, you're saying that we're both as old as dirt and we were raised with dinosaurs until you swooped in and 'saved' us from some super-evil adoption agency?" I asked unbelievingly. I looked at Ms. Clark like she was crazy. Lilliana seemed to believe this a whole lot more than I did. "Last time I checked, it wasn't April first." I stated hopefully. Deep down, I knew that she wasn't lying. Boy, was this going to be a trip of a life time. (No pun intended.)
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:19 pm

Ms. Clark looked very seriously at Jacob before motioning to the door, "I would request that you both go to James and get your files for the mission."
"Mission?" I squeaked, trying not to completely freak out.
She merly nodded and motioned to the door again. Turning, I grabbed Jacob's arm and towed him behind me before shutting the door and starting to freak out and hyperventalate, "She can't be telling the truth? Can she? Jake?" I looked up at him and breathed slowly, "What if she is? How are we supposed to go back in time and fix this? It's their fault! Who are our real parents?" I freaked out more, and then looked down the hall, "We need to go to James, and get the files, there's bound to be something in there that says, 'YOU'VE JUST BEEN PUNKED!'" Something in me highly doubted that, but I headed down the hall anyway and towards James' office, who was the file keeper, and mission assigner. I know, creative names right?
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:48 pm

I shrugged. "I'm just the one taking orders. Maybe it'll be easy: 'Hey, I'm your son, I was kidnapped by the american government. I love you, goodbye." I stated hopefully as I opened up the door to James' Office, he was the one person, other then Lilliana, who I actually liked. He was a relatively young guy who used to be a 'Time Agent' just like us, but then he fell off the top of a cliff in 1700 Italy. He was paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of his life. He looked up from his desk at us, and beckoned us in. He motioned towards the soft, leather chairs in front of his desk. He slid a folder towards Lilliana and me. "Ms. Clark told me you were coming." I opened up my folder and found a picture of The Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh staring at me. It was one of my favorite paintings. It reminded me of... home. I flipped through the papers, every single one was about Van Gogh. The realization hit me like a train.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:07 pm

I took the folder James gave me and flipped it open. The first page was a picture of an old leather bound book, with the title, 'Grimm's fairy Tales', I knew of these, of course, for the fact that the two brothers had the same last name as me. The next page was a picture of the first page of the Grimm's version of 'Little Red Riding Hood'. That one page triggered something in my memory, and I remembered a vivid memory of a blonde haired woman and a dark haired man, the exact same ones from my dream last night. Flipping through the complete history of... me, I paused on a page about my father, Wilhelm and smiled softly, I had two brothers, well, I had, had two brothers, but I guess technically I didn't anymore. Blinking, I looked up at James and sighed, "Who's are we traveling back too first?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:22 pm

I looked at the self-portrait of Van Gogh on one of the printed out pages. It highly resembled the red-haired middle-aged man that was always in my dreams. I whispered 'Vincent Van Gogh' before responding to Lilliana's question. I looked over at her folder. I saw the names of the Grimm brother's repeated over and over on the page. "Your Dad." I said quick and to the point. To be completely truthful, I was nervous to visit my father; Vincent Van Gogh. "And to think, you were born to someone who was creative..." I said in a teasing tone to try and brighten up this shocking moment.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:31 pm

I laughed awkwardly, running a hand over my pony-tail before James responded to me. "You'll travel to Hanua, Germany first. In the year 1873, you were born, in the year 1883 we took you. You both will travel back in 1883, the day before we came nad messed up time, you will have to fake your own death and make sure they believe it. If anyone spots you, or makes you out to be a witch, then we'll bring you back." James paused, leaning down and picking up two bags and setting them on the table, they were old sacks, "You'll act like you get lost in the woods and you'll have to make sure no one sees you alive after you fake your death. Here are your bags, in them are all modern medicines in case you get hurt, clothes to mask yourself, and other nessisities. Do you both have your devices?" James asked, and I felt the PDA in my pocket before nodding. This was absolutely surreal. "Then, there is really nothing more I can tell you. Other than, as soon as you both travel back, you will only have connection with the agency in certain spots of the small town, and you won't be able to contact us most of the time. If you mess up in one aspect, the entire future can be changed forever."
"Gee, thanks for the pep-talk." I muttered, looking down at the bag and gulping.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:57 pm

A lot of things didn't make sense at that moment. I quickly unzipped my backpack and slipped a sketchbook and pencils into the ugly sack that would work as our travel pack. I had a feeling that this whole experience was going to be harder than it seemed. It felt like butterflies were jumping up and down in my stomach.The thing is, this wasn't like most of our past mission's, they weren't that easy to mess-up. I set my watch to 1883, and stated allowed, Hanua, Germany. My watch glowed a fluorescent green, and waited for me to push the button that would transport me to the time-period I needed to be at. I waited for the signal to go.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:13 pm

I made sure I had everything in my bag, like Jacob, and then took out my PDA. Tapping on the screen with the stylus, I waited for the options to pop up. Quickly setting it to 1883, and then Hanua, Germany, I paused before James signaled us to go. Pressing the button that said 'Transport?', I took a deep breath and then felt myself being compressed into a tiny space, before being streached out like Mrs. Incredible from the kid's movie. There was a snap and then a pop from my ears before I landed in the middle of a forest. Crouching down to spread the landing, I breathed in the wooded air and whispered, "I can't believe this." In all of our travels, I had never been to this time period, now I knew why. Taking out my PDA, I glanced at the map on the screen and took my hair down from my pony-tail, "Alright, we're about five minutes away from the cabin. Right now, my-" I paused before swallowing, "-my family are about to eat lunch. They speak English, luckily, but might speak a bit of German. Uh, I'll say that your a new neighbor from town, okay?" I muttered, looking down at my bag, which I knew had clothes that we would need to change into.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:13 pm

According to Lilliana, she felt as if she was being stretched out whenever she transported through time. Me on the other hand, felt perfectly fine except for the fact that it was like I was on some super-spin merry-go-round. All the colors of the rainbow were twirled into a colorful mush around me. It reminded me of colorful television static. There was a hight-pitch snap and I landed on the soft grass. Yet sticking the landing was out of the question. I landed on my back, which knocked the air straight out of my lungs. When I regained stability. I stood up to see Lilliana. Apparently our time devices communicated with one another so that we would both land near each other. I chuckled at the thought of me being introduced as her neighbor.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:36 pm

Rustling my hair around a little, I grabbed a leaf and stuck it behind my ear before turning to Jacob and raising an eyebrow, "Make it look like you just came out of the woods. I'm going to change." Grabbing my bag, I used the cloaking device on my PDA and went behind a set of bushes. Changing into a pair of trousers and a white tunic, I mussed up my hair some more and glanced at myself in the back of the PDA. Now I could see the facial structure and the similarities of myself to the man and the woman from my dream. Stuffing my modern clothes into the bag, I shouldered it and waundered back towards Jake, remembering to take the cloaking agent off right before I reached him. "Hey." I stated, popping back up, "Are you ready to go meet the parents?" I tried to throw in a little accent at the end, but I think I just sounded like a bad impressionist.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:56 am

While Lilliana was getting changed, I headed behind a large cluster of thick, blackberry bushes. I quickly changed and then started to cover myself in earth and leaves. I also managed to grab a few handfuls of ripe blackberries for mine and Lilliana's 'breakfast'. I came back with a wadded arm-full of normal clothing. I stuffed it into 'fancy-schmancy' sack. Lilliana came back in similar attire. "It's weird to see you with out a sarcastic t-shirt on." I said as I grabbed a handful of leaves and tussled them into my hair. I nodded towards her and handed her a handful of the berries. "It beats the stack of pancakes that we have sitting on the table back home." I said popping one in my mouth.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:38 am

I laughed at his snide remark about my tee-shirts and then took some of the berries, "I really hope these aren't poisonious. That would sure put a damper on this whole expirance." Eating a couple of them, I made sure I looked relatively dirty and 'woodsy' before turning and saying, "Come on, my PDA says that it's this way. Supposedly, I live in some small two room cabin. Yay." I was being sarcastic on the outside, but on the inside I was leaping up and down with joy. I was meeting my real parents! Granted, they weren't even from the time period I was, but then again, I wasn't really from the time period I was raised in. It all jumbled in my head in a large mess and I sighed before stopping. "Oh, Jake, don't start spouting off things that are modern, I don't think they know exactly what a laptop is yet. I know we've been trained for this for four years, but, I'm worried something's going to happen and we're going to screw up the time period even more than it already is... But, I won't be able to talk much, they still have their views of woman belong in the kitchen, so I will know how to sew, and other womanly things like that." I snorted trying to cover up the fact my stomach felt like a bottomless pit, but then again, it always did right after I traveled. Gulping, I moved a bush and looked out onto a small dirt path. It lead straight up to a wooden door and inside I could hear a woman humming to herself and a man talking to someone, maybe a child? "Time to go." I mumbled softly, and glanced back at Jacob warily.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:25 pm

I nodded and whispered: "If I'm not careful there will be a new tale about Jacob and the magical laptop?" I asked jokingly right before she opened the door and just walked right in like she lived in the place. Her parents looked up at her with a relieved look on their faces. And then they looked over at me. I was betting that I was the cause of the wolf in Little Red Riding Hood looking so wild. I smiled lightly so that they wouldn't think I was some kidnapper.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:35 pm

"Mamma! Pappa!" I called, running in and giving my parents both each a huge hug. "This is Jacob! He's from the neighborhood! Can he stay for lunch, Pappa?" I asked softly, looking at Wilhelm Grimm's bearded face. It was strange, looking at him, in the flesh. I knew he was my father, but then again, he wasn't, just because I had been raised by the Government in an entirely different time period. He nodded with a smile. I grinned at him and looked down at the two brothers I had, oh crud. I had no idea what their names were... I was going to kill James. How could I not know my own brothers' names?
"Hanns, Gerald," The blonde haired woman stated, "Introduce yourself to the nice boy, your sister has brought home." Okay, that was a close one.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:12 pm

I went over and shook Wilhelm Grimm's hand forcefully. I then went and bowed polietly to Lilliana's mother. According to our government textbooks about this time period this was how you were supposed to greet a women. I introduced myself as Jacob Van Gogh. I guess I should get used to saying that now. "Your daughter helped me find my way through the forest. I was trying to hunt a deer for my old sickly grandmother. I'm new here so I got lost, then I saw your daughter gathering berries. I told her that I was lost and she lead me out of the forest." I explained and then looked over my shoulder at Lilliana for some sort of support.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:13 pm

I resisted laughing, Jacob's story was so cheesy. 'Sickly grandmother?' Really, Jake?, I thought bottling up my laughter and going along with it. Handing my mother the berries he had collected, I smiled, "Do you need any help with lunch, Mama?"
She shook her head and smiled sweetly back at me before turning to my father and stating, "What a young gentleman, isn't he Wilhelm? He reminds me of your brother, Jacob."
I'm sure my face was priceless, I had completely forgoten that my supposed Uncle was named Jacob too. Oh, the irony was killing me. "Oh! Jacob, that's right!" I bubbled excitedly, "Oh, I'd love for you to meet my Uncle Jacob, he's quite amazing at story-telling!"
"Now, now, Lilliana." Wilhelm stated gruffly and ruffling my hair, "Calm down, you know your Uncle is away on business. So, son, what do your parents do in town? I don't remember hearing about a new family."
Great, I thought angrily, make this hard on us. "Oh, Jac-"
"Shush up and let the boy speak, Lilli." My mother scolded and waved me over to a stove, "Come help me with the soup."
Ah, crud. I have no idea how to cook. I moaned, the government always cooked for everyone. Why would I know how to make soup in a past time period?
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 4:39 pm

I had to hesitate on Mr. Grimm's question. "I- My Grandfather died just a week ago. My parent's live way over near Berlin. My Dad's the local doctor, I came down here to care for my grandmother." I said, trying to play up my emotions so it sounded truthful. I could tell Lilliana really didn't want to help with the cooking. Mr. Grimm lead me into the dining room, I didn't really want to follow him, but if we weren't going to change history I had to. I sat down in one of the hard, hand-crafted wooden chairs that were lined around the table.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 7:43 pm

I helped my mother take out a pot and divy up the soup into bowls and then serve it to everyone. Ugh, I hated this time period. Finally, ten minutes later, when we had served the warm bread, we got our bowls, which were already cold, and half the size of all the guy's. Wonderful. I ate my cold soup ruefully, boy, I would be estatic to die tomorrow. At least in modern times I got hot food. Good grief. "Dummer Anti-feminist alter Deutscher. Ich hasse diesen Platz. Warum kann ich nicht jetzt sterben?" I cursed lowly under my breath. Whoa, okay. I didn't know that I knew German.
"What was that honey?" My mother asked, who was sitting right beside me.
I opened my mouth and then quickly closed it again, before finally saying, "Oh, nothing Mother."
-
That night, I rolled over in my bed and glanced through the doorway at Jacob, who my parents had let sleep in the living/kitchen/dining/everything but the bath room. Slowly getting out of the bed, I padded out of the room and kicked Jacob repeatedly in the side until he woke up. "Get up!" I hissed, kneeling down. "Come on Jake!" I paused watching as he woke up, "Oh, heh', sorry." I muttered softly, "Listen, tommorrow, it's going to go down like so: I'm going to say that I have to take you back home, because I have to pick up some obscure weird old timey thing from town, anyways, We're going to go into the woods and then I'm going to drink this." I held up a small vial of a weird red substance. "This is basically a real-life version of the potion Juliet drank in the Shakespeare play. Yeah, I know." I shuttered at the memory, that was quite possibly the worst play/book I had ever read. "When I drink this, I'll look dead, cold life-less, you know, the whole nine yards. Make sure that my parents see me, but make sure they don't take me to the Alchemist, or the middle aged doctor person, 'cause he'll wanna slice me up. I'll still be alive the entire time, it'll just make it look like I'm dead. Once they leave, pour this into my mouth." I held up a vial with blue liquid in it, "If I don't wake up automatically, then just wait for a minute, or drag me somewhere else, so people don't see us. Okay?" This was quite possibly the strangest thing I had ever sone, but it had to happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =   + A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex = I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

+ A Rift in Time - A Private Role-Play * For Jay and Bex =
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next