RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Wolves of Yellowstone

Go down 
+3
Blank's Toucan
Splashie
Lan Fan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:58 am

Luna stared at the russet male. Well, She thought to herself, I've officially failed and been caught in my lie. She sighed, ready to tell him that he was right, but just as he turned, the wind shifted, bringing the scent of a new wolf. Luna froze, calling out to the russet wolf, "You were right." Her green eyes narrowed as she turned in the direction of the scent, brush lined where ever the wolf could be hidden. Her nose twitched as she turned to look at the russet wolf, "Though, we're not alone here."

She stalked towards the brush, about five feet away, circling it as much as she could without getting actually into it. She didn't see anything, but her knew that something was there. Luna could sense it as well as she had sensed the russet wolf, and known it was male.

(Oh... This post was horrible. XD I'm sorry, I'm at a loss of words.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:19 pm

Arnou smiled happily. This was the first time in weeks he'd been this happy. "Yup. See back up that hill? There's a cluster of trees that hides a huge crack in the earth, a little small to crawl into, but then it gets huge as you go inside." He explained, looking and nosing back up torwards the hill. "I was um... wondering if- maybe you would stay for a while. It gets... really lonely out here. By myself- I mean."
The multicolored male sighed at a loss for words.
Back to top Go down
Splashie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Splashie

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:30 pm

Dragon

Dragon froze for a minute once the wind turned so that the other wolves could smell him. His grey-honey-amber colored eyes peeked out of the bush as a black wolf circled him. He held his breath a little more and didn't move. He looked over at the russet colored wolf then back at the black one that was keeping her distance but watching him carefully. After about another minute he let out a low sigh, stood up and padded out of the bush. His light grey and snow white fur being tugged by the small branches of the bushes. He looked at the ground between the two wolves and nodded clamly. He didn't say a word after hearing what the black wolf had said and he knew he was outnumbered.

Splash

Splash looked up at the sky. Dragon had been gone longer than she thought he would have been. She walked to Dry Creek and stopped. She looked over the landscape for that odd grey-white color against the the brownish ground. "Still not in sight,"She said to herself. She sighed and ran to the watering hole. She could tell he was there but didn't follow his trail. She looked down at the water and decided to drink some. The cold water ran down her throat and she shook her head. She could smell that other wolves had been here but she sat down and waited for her brother.
Back to top Go down
http://skywatchersrpg.forumotion.com
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:36 pm

Kagami turned back as she heard Arnou speak, and she tilted her head as he conveyed his message. Stay here for a while? Maybe she could.... She would be safer if she was with another wolf, and they would be able to hunt for better prey, too. Maybe she didn't have to decide whether to stay permanently now... She would see how it went.

She nodded, and her tail wagged as she replied. "I'll stay," she answered, though nervousness shone in her voice. "For a day, or two, maybe," she added a few heartbeats after, but she was interrupted by a growl from her stomach. Almost relieved that she didn't have to say more, the gray-and-red wolf laughed, and she angled her ears to her right. "I know where a good hunting ground is. The Douglas Fir slopes have a lot of deer. Want to go see what we can find?" she encouraged.
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Arnou nodded happily. "Sure.' He said simply, and started to pad back up torwards the forest. Maybe, just maybe, being without a pack would beagood desicion. With two wolves instead of one they could catch prey easier, and maybe they could start a pack... And to think that was as hard as taking down a coyote.. The male laughed inwardly.
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:57 pm

Anchor stopped for a moment to watch the female wolf prowl towards something else. As the wind blew into his nose, he caught the scent - she was looking for another male wolf who was nearby. Anchor didn't really mind any other wolf's presence, as long as nobody attacked him while he was running. By now, his energy lost from the dash down the cliff had been restored, and he began picking up speed again, heading towards the waiting hill.

He hadn't gotten the black wolf's name, but didn't entirely mind that. He knew another wolf was here, and he would give her the rights to a small piece of land, although she couldn't own a territory if she wasn't in a pack.

Anchor momentarily forgot about his encounter with the black wolf and began climbing the waving slope.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:13 am

Kagami nodded eagerly, and she turned toward the incline, her eyes on flat land. "It's a bit of a run," she warned with an amused twinkle in her eyes, and after a grin, took off. She put most of her strength into her back legs so that she could bring herself up the slope instead of into it, and she managed to crest the top before finally reaching the top, back to the main area of Amethyst Mountain. She trotted along at a brisk pace down the slight incline for a while before she turned somewhat to her left toward the line of dark trees to the east, and picked up her pace again so that she was at a steady run. She flattened her ears against a sudden gust, but other than that, all was calm. The wind blew from the forest, so she could already smell the deer that could possibly be there. Excitement rose in her and she sped up just a little, though she kept her ears angled backwards to make sure Arnou was following her.

As she neared the trees, she slowed down so that she could walk silently, and sniffed the air deeply. There was some smell of deer, and an even fainter scent of elk, though she would rather go after the deer, since it would be hard to take care of the latter with only two wolves. She kept her nose slightly angled to the ground as she prowled in attempt to catch a scent trail.
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:23 pm

Arnou followed her up the slope, scenting the whole time. He caught a stale breeze with deer up the hill, and then fresh back torwards the forest. "Alright, where should we go first?" The male asked. After asking he realized that he should have lead, but he let it slip. Arnou had only passed his own 'boundaries' to scout for other signs of life- Kagami would know more about the terrain outside of fossil forest anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 4:54 pm

Kagami turned toward Arnou, but only for a moment, and as she beckoned with her tail, she lowered her head again. Finally, she had caught a scent! The trail was faint, but if she followed it, they could get to the herd. Carefully, she said to Arnou, "I've caught a scent." The trail was heading north, up the slope. With her nose alert and somewhat toward the ground, Kagami ran up the hill in pursuit. There was a wind on the more open areas of Amethyst Mountain, but they didn't reach her red-gray fur due to the shelter of the douglas fir trees for which the hill was named.

In a few minutes, she managed to catch sight of the back of the herd of deer. She lifted her tail slightly so that Arnou would know to slow down, then flicked her ears to try and tell him to skirt around to find a weak one. Kagami padded behind the herd for a while, moving from side to side to try and pick out one that was too sick or old to be able to keep up. Suddenly, she leaped forward, chasing behind the herd to see which deer would fall behind. She thought she had seen one with a limp earlier, and it was standing out to her now, slightly slower than the rest of the herd. After slowing down and feigning lack of interest, she looked back toward Arnou and wagged her tail. She wanted to see how he led a hunt.
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:05 pm

Arnou jumped sideways slightly when the deer started off, but then quickly caught up to them. He barked backwards for her to run, and slowed slightly torwards the middle. The large male watched the limping deer closely, and stole a glance backwards to Kagami. Now... Arnou thought, and kept pace with the limping deer. It constantly leaped sideways into it's neighbor, which tossed it back torwards the multicolored wolf. Stuck in it's fear cycle, it bleated nervously. Arnou laughed to himself and pelted slightly ahead.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:24 pm

Kagami seemed equally amused by the sort-of-game they were playing with the deer, but she dropped back as Arnou raced forward. Hopefully, he would be willing to ambush it. The deer that was limping suddenly slowed down as, again, Kagami faked a lack of interest in the hunt, and after a few moments, began grazing again.

That was when the real fun began.

As soon as it was lulled into a sense of security, the red-gray wolf leaped forward again, hard on its heels. The deer was ahead of her, and it took a moment to accelerate, but Kagami quickly closed the distance, and her amber eyes flared as she leaped for the deer's flank. She latched on with her claws and bit down, hanging there for a moment before her prey's bucking movement forced her to let go. As she continued to run beside it, she anticipated Arnou's re-arrival on the scene.
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:41 pm

Arnou raced ahead of the deer to scare off others, and then twisted around backwards to see Kagami attack. He smirked slightly and engaged his plan. Darting back torwards the oncoming deer, the large male gained speed quickly. Arnou leaped at the exact moment that he would have collided with the deer, and lunged for it's throat with a snarl. He hit the deer full force to the chest and clenched his teeth around flesh. The deer tried to run ahead, and struck his leg harshly. The wolf fell under the deer with a thud and rolled to avoid impact. A hoof trampled his ear and Arnou yelped once. Owwwww...! He growled at the deer, and took off after it again. "Hold on as long as you can! It's slowing!" He barked inbetween sharp breaths.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:06 pm

Kagami nodded to him as the deer continued to run, though it was hindered by its injured hindquarters. Finally she was able to keep pace with it, and glared at it, next planning to aim for its neck. But she would have to come from the front... Suddenly, she put on a burst of speed and sped on ahead, hoping to gain enough distance so that she could have time to turn around and leap. As she reached a fallen log, she turned and whirled around, fangs bared. The deer was still running toward her, but its energy was running out even faster, and she leaped as soon as it was close enough.

Thankfully, it didn't kick too much, and it fell to the ground as she bit down. There... her aim was perfect. As she and the deer landed on the ground she jumped off and the deer was dead as she looked back.

Excited of her kill, she grinned and looked toward Arnou, her tail wagging. "That was great," she complimented, bowing a little to show that he could have the first bite of the kill; she would have to start learning more intensive pack etiquette than just instincts, and she guessed that males would be dominant over females in a normal pack structure. At least, that was how she learned.
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:00 pm

)Waiting for MOAI or Bexxy to post- we kind of left them...(
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:38 pm

((I'm not really interacting with anyone, so I'm not posting. Don't worry, I'm not getting left behind, I'm just avoiding a one-liner.))

The ground steeped up under Anchor's feet. He slowed his pace to avoid losing energy - although he still had plenty left, he didn't want to take a nap on the side of a hill where he could fall and break himself on a tree trunk a few meters down. Grass bending under his paws, he scaled the bipolar hills, turning his head to the right. He had previous knowledge that there was a spring over there, and he was indeed getting thirsty, so he slightly adjusted his angle of approach.

The ground grew slowly rockier.

((Are you going to make another map?))
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 5:46 pm

Arnou nodded, catching up quickly. "Yes, it was." He flicked his trampled ear to test it- seemed better. "Nice catch. Good size- too." The male dipped his head. Okay, so today was so far a sucess. "We should probably get back down to ou- the territory after this, just in case." Arnou added.

)GAH stupid blocks....(
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:52 pm

((I already did. I think it's on the previous page.))

Seeing that Arnou didn't want to eat first, Kagami dipped her head, then began to eat the prey, slowly at first but then speeding up. She had aimed for the shoulder and a little behind, which was a pretty soft part of the deer -- but not the softest. She was saving the belly for Arnou, or if he didn't want it, she would eat it later. She turned toward him and nodded toward the prey, inviting him to have some. Her ears flicked as she heard a stutter in his speech before the word "territory," but she shrugged it off. "Sounds good to me," she replied.
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:02 am

Arnou managed a cover smile and started to eat with her. he dove for the stomach and ate quickly. He might take time for some things, but it was not the same with his appetite.
"So, any more questions?" Arnou asked between mouthfuls.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Kagami's ears tilted as she thought for a moment, and then she shook her head. "Nope. We have food, we know where the den is, so we should be fine for a while." She turned back the way they came and began walking in that direction, remembering that Arnou had suggested returning right after they ate. There were ravens that were already beginning to eye the carcass, and with that catch they probably wouldn't have to eat for a few days anyway. Normally Kagami would sit by the carcass until she was hungry again, then eat some more, but she didn't want to make Arnou stay with her, so she continued on her way back to his territory.

As she broke into a run, she reminded herself that she was a guest in the territory, and she would have to follow his rules, if he had any. It was amusing that a lone male would try to claim a territory in the first place, but she would treat it as if it wasn't strange, for now...
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:23 pm

Arnou followed her back down the incline torwards the approaching valley. "So you'll stay?" He seemed to repeat himself, but didn't catch it. This was a great day- he finally had someone to talk to and run around with. It reminded him alot of how when he was little Arnou always wanted somebody to play with, even if most of the time it was only his overprotective mother. The multicolored wolf laughed inwardly, and kept pace with Kagami.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:12 pm

Somehow Kagami was taken aback by this question, although she thought that she had already answered it before. Before she had said that she would stay for a couple of days, but right now it seemed like she wouldn't mind staying for a little longer. The she-wolf looked back at him, stopping as they reached the ridge, and nodded. "For a while, at least," she finally replied, her thick tail wagging subtly. A small smile reached across Kagami's face as she continued toward the den site that Arnou had pointed out. An autumn wind blew across the slope as she made her way toward the small hole that opened up into a huge den. But she didn't go inside just yet; she didn't want to look like she was snooping around too much.

((Sorry I haven't replied; for some reason my computer said that I had read all the posts ><))
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:31 pm

Arnou slowed down sheepishly. "Gosh, I'm sorry. That was- uncalled for. Sorry." He admitted, turning away. Great, the idiot had acted like a psychopath torwards this new wolf- probably the only chance he'd have at some sort of a family. "I must look like I'm crazy to you by now...." Arnou growled at himself. "I'm so stupid- such a featherbrain."
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Kagami turned to him, suddenly soft-looking, and replied, bowing her head. "It's okay. It wasn't uncalled for." She lowered her tail to show that she wasn't angry, but then perked up again. "You're not a featherbrain!" she persisted, taking a step forward. "You just did great on the hunt! A wolf like that can't be a featherbrain." She stood there with hard eyes to try and convince him, then decided to change the subject.

"Can I see the den?" she asked, turning back around and padding toward the entrance. She didn't go inside yet, but she dd crouch in front of the entrance. The front of the passage seemed dark and squished, but she was sure that there was more to it inside...

((Where has everyone else gone? D:))
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:23 pm

)I dunno! D:(

Arnou nodded, slightly cheered. "Sure. It's about four steps in squeezed until it opens up. It's really, really big in there." He said, coming after her, but waiting. He could still taste the deer at the very back of his mouth, but ignored it and waited for her to go in. His tail was slightly lowered, but back to it's normal position.
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:31 am

((Eh, I don't know. I'd post with Anchor, but I don't want to do a one-liner. I was thinking of making him head for the water hole, but I'm not sure how to explain that in more than three sentences.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wolves of Yellowstone
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPcentral Forum :: Canine Role-Plays :: Wolf Packs-
Jump to: