RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Wolves of Yellowstone

Go down 
+3
Blank's Toucan
Splashie
Lan Fan
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

The Wolves of Yellowstone Empty
PostSubject: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:15 pm

-I'm a sucker for traditions, but hey! ^3^' This thread is amazingly approved!-

~Administrator Blankfeather

Note: The images I'm using for the introduction and my character are screenshots from WolfQuest, a totally awesome game (you have to download it, though).

Yellowstone, the famous national park located in the middle of three of the United States -- Montana, Idaho and Wyoming. It's beautifully scenic and home to a very graceful animal -- the gray wolf. Though they are called "gray" wolves, their coloring can range from white, to an actual gray, to brown, to black and everything in between.
The Wolves of Yellowstone Rp2

Though some packs in Yellowstone include unrelated wolves, most packs are made of a mated pair of wolves and their offspring. Generally, when their offspring reach two years old, they disperse to find mates and begin a new pack.

You play one of these dispersal wolves, searching to find a mate and start a pack of your own. You may stay a loner, but that is an unwise decision, maybe taken by only the strongest wolves. As you run your own pack, you may find other packs along the way. It is your choice of how to deal with these other packs.

Oh, and a few things to remember.

1. It is near impossible for a wolf to kill a large animal such as a deer or an elk alone. They always use teamwork to do such things.

2. Grizzly bears will go after pups, but usually will run away from adult wolves, even lone ones. The same goes for eagles and the like. These animals will try to catch and eat wolf pups, but will stay away if an adult is nearby.

3. At least in this RP, if there is an odd wolf out, or too many wolves of one gender, then unrelated wolves may join together as a pack whether or not they have pups. Similarly, a pack that is otherwise totally made of family may accept unrelated wolves into their pack on some occasions.
The Wolves of Yellowstone Rp1

Role-Play Rules and General Reminders:
1. Use ((these)) or “OOC:” for out-of-character talk.
2. Godmoding, powerplaying and Mary-Sues are not appreciated.
3. Please make an effort in grammar and spelling! I will not accept you into the role-play if you do not do this. You have been warned.
4. Also please try to make an effort in post length. I will not accept one-sentence posts, period. It is true that I would prefer quality over quantity, but I would like at least three sentences per in-character post.
5. It is okay to post OOC comments and in-character in the same post. Use the edit button (image) to add to your post if you forget something.
6. For the “Appearance” section, you may only use a picture you created yourself (or got from one of those wolf creators on DeviantART. Just search “create a wolf” if you don’t want to draw your own; there are plenty of them.). Yes, I got my images from WolfQuest, but the admins said that was okay, too

Joining Form
Name:
Personality:
Other:

Members and Packs: (Currently all dispersal wolves)
Kagami (Lan Fan) - Female
Luna (Rebecca) - Female
Arnou
(Blanx) - Male
Anchor (Mad MOAI) - Male

The Map
Map of the Amethyst Mountain area (WolfQuest map used for reference)
- Douglas Fir Forest is a gently sloped land in the southwest corner of the area, densely forested with many douglas fir trees that give it its name. Many hares can be found here, though there is the occasional elk. Grizzly bears and coyotes also inhabit this area.
- Fossil Forest is not really a forest -- it's more like a few trees rooted precariously on a steep slope that leads down into a valley. In the valley is the Lamar River, and Fossil Forest overlooks this river.
- The Burn used to be a forest, but now it's full of dead trees. Obviously, it was named because a fire swept through the area and killed much of the vegetation. However, new tree sprouts and beautiful, lavender-colored wildflowers, along with some grasses, are already regrowing.

(Since these are screenshots from WolfQuest, there is a white rectangle where the wolf info is supposed to be)

~~~~~~

Name: Kagami
Appearance: here
Personality: Kagami loves running around. She is very appreciative and grateful, and takes pleasure in the simplest things. She can be timid, and quiet toward new wolves, but she is actually quite friendly. She can trust others too easily, but she also knows when she should back out of a situation. Kagami is thoughtful and caring to others she knows. In a bad situation, she is strategic rather than assertive, but she can get stressed out. Despite her friendly exterior, Kagami has a very short temper. If she’s in a bad mood, her personality can be ice cold. Sometimes she can be annoyed by very small things such as pups, but she thinks about things a lot and knows when something is wrong, even if hardly anything has changed in her environment.
Other: None :)

Last edited by Lan Fan on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:32 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Splashie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Splashie

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:59 pm

Name: Splash
Appearance:The Wolves of Yellowstone Vgj6dw
Personality: She is nice but has a short temper. She is really good at climbing for a wolf. She trys to stay out of fights as much as possible. She is a good listener and friendly after she knows you better. Sometimes she likes to be alone and she loves to be where she can see the sky. The sky helps her clam down and makes her fell like someone can see her and help keeps her safe.
Other: Has a brother named, Dragon.

Name: Dragon
Appearance: The Wolves of Yellowstone 11rchna
Personality: He is like his sister but will fight if he has to. He is not as short tempered as Splash. He isn't as good as climbing as his siter but is bigger so he can run faster then her. He would rather be under the trees then out in the open. He has been in more battles and lost part of his ear.
Other: Has a sister named, Splash
Back to top Go down
http://skywatchersrpg.forumotion.com
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:05 pm

)Yay! :3 Is the first pairing still us?(

Name: Arnou
Appearance:
Personality: Arnou is a mostly solitary wolf, but loves to explore unknown areas and new strategies. He has very quiet vibe about him, but a very loud presence. He is also very protective of younger wolves and weaker ones- extremely loyal too. He can easily pick a fight and then stop, but has a horrible grudge on situations like that.
His patience level is extrordinarly high but his temper is also. Arnou only trusts his close friends and excludes himself from new wolves.
Other: Nope. :3

Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:27 pm

((Splash- Splash is accepted, though I think Dragon needs to be a little more realistic-looking, since this is about actual wolves. Without the pawprint mark on the shoulder would be fine.
Blanx- Yup, that's right. Accepted as well.

Probably going to wait to start, by the way.))
Back to top Go down
Splashie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Splashie

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 3:30 pm

(Okay how is that?)

Name: Dragon
Appearance: http://todaynewsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/myimages//2010/09/gray-wolf-1.jpg
Personality: He is like his sister but will fight if he has to. He is not as short tempered as Splash. He isn't as good as climbing as his siter but is bigger so he can run faster then her. He would rather be under the trees then out in the open. He has been in more battles and lost part of his ear.
Other: Has a sister named, Splash

Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:36 pm

Name: Anchor
Appearance: A wolf that is mainly russet colored, with a brindle-ish ticking-sort pattern of umber. I'll probably get a picture later. :3
Personality: Anchor is very stubborn and mainly sticks to his beliefs. He will not change his opinion on something unless he is completely backed into a corner by logic and someone else's opinion. He likes sparring and has a somewhat violent nature, but his favorite pastime is exploring and climbing rocks. When he's not irritated (which isn't too often), he is gentle, but his temper is always on guard - so watch out.
Other: Nothing.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:48 pm

((Anchor is accepted.
Also, I changed my character because I was going to use another originally, but forgot and created a new one. I updated my form so that it would display the character I was originally going to use for this RP.

Oh, and Splash, better, thank you! :) ))
Back to top Go down
Azura
RP Beginner
RP Beginner
Azura

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:23 am

Name: Hyousa [Frozen Chains]
Appearance: Hyousa is a very seductive wolf, gaining her beautiful frames and features from her pure bloodline. Hyousa's coat is in a hue of the purest white, perhaps even whiter than the first snow fall. Icy azure eyes that holds a tint of mystery to many. Sharp claws and lethal bites of this beauty silences the breath of many. Hyousa is a crystal between the hard ice. [I will post the image up later]
Personality: This she wolf is not the typical definition of a flirt, her looks flirts for her but on the inside, Hyousa is very strong willed. She's a very independent wolf, but will call for help if needed. Hyousa doesn't try to save what she can't, because she already knows about the consequences of fake hope. This wolf isn't just graceful and elegant, but also very blood lusting, killing everything that gets into her or her pack's way. She has a very vigilant mind, the best strategetic wolf around this dry land, a natural strategist from very gifted talent. A lone beauty who's heart is icy cold, but polite to a stranger, she only talks to true friends that she could trust. Hyousa protects what's precious to her, pack, and will never allow it into danger, a very protective wolf. Her appearance seduces however, her personality defines the stature of a warrior. A rose in the war torn land.
Others: Hyousa is looking for a mate, as much as she wants to stay single. Perhaps she could find someone right for her?
Back to top Go down
http://www.warriorcatsreborn.spruz.com
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:23 am

Name: Luna
Appearance: With piercing dark jade green eyes, and a slim and lean body, Luna doesn't appear to look like the normal, lone wolf. From the top, Luna's ears are trained to hear the sounds of another wolf's howl, or a fight from miles away, and at the very peak at the top, they are both tipped with dark grey fur instead of her normal midnight black. Her nose is a light grey, with short silver whiskers and narrowed jade green eyes. Luna's face seems longer and more regal than it truly is. Her body is long and small, making it easy for the young wolf to navigate the underbrush, but because of that, she has a vast lack of strength. Luna's tail is long and fluffy, much like most other wolves, but it keeps her balanced when she is doing things particularly dangerous, almost like a feline. With her long black body that seems to meld into the shadows at twilight and her jade green eyes, Luna might look like a typical loner, but she is far from it.

Personality: Luna has been alone most of her life, never really belonging in any packs she ran across, and much more suited for living a life alone than with others. Sometimes she does get lonely, but that's the price the young wolf must pay. She isn't bad at living alone either, she keeps her spirits up by hunting smaller animals that she can take down with practiced ease and frequently likes running through beds of wild flowers to disturb hares, just to watch them freak out and scurry away. Though she tries to ignore it, sometimes she gets too lonley and longs for another wolf, but usually when she comes across another in the park, or a small pack, she tucks tail and runs. Other wolves tend to think she won't be stronge enough to run with the pack, but if Luna's one thing, she's head-strong; and she vastly disagrees.
Other: I got WolfQuest, and I completely stink at it, so, no picture. xD

Last edited by Rebecca on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:23 am

((Sorry, Azura, but I can't accept you into the RP at all unless you edit your form. As I said in the rules, Mary-Sues aren't allowed, and as I read your form, I don't see any flaws that might balance out the seductiveness, stunning coat and amiable and desirable personality. I noticed it in the other RPs that you participate in as well, but it wasn't my place to say anything because I wasn't the owner of the RP. I would really like to have you in this RP because you write so well, but I can't accept a completely perfect character. So if you would like to join, please fix the pointers that I gave you.

Also, guys, I'm probably going to make a map (yes, a bad-looking Paint-drawn one :P) and keep track of where everyone is, and update the map every day or few days, depending on what happens in the RP and how fast it's going.
))
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:19 pm

((Oddly, Rebecca posted her form just as I posted that. XD Luna is accepted, and we might start a little later today after I finish my homework and everything. I hope I don't need to triple-post...))
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:13 pm

((Looks like I do have to triple post... Oh, well. XD I've added the map and a description of a few of the areas. Everyone can choose where to start on the map --- personally, I like The Burn a lot, so I'll start in the southern area of that.

You guys can tell me your starting points as well, and I'll make another map with everyone's starting locations. This map of everyone's locations will be updated every few days, or every day, depending on what's happening in the RP, as I stated before.))

Kagami's amber eyes slid open to the rising autumn sun. As she regained consciousness, a shock hit her as she realized that she was about to roll down the hill of The Burn. Quickly, she shifted her weight to her left legs to stabilize herself, and let out a frustrated sigh. If she had fallen, it wouldn't be bad because the wildflowers would soften her roll, and the slope wasn't that steep anyway. Her brown fur helped camouflage her, but the pink wildflowers made her stand out like a lion in the Arctic.

The sky's pink tints were just disappearing by the sun's light, and the air was still relatively cool. This marked the first full day of her life as a dispersal wolf. Her mission was to find a mate and start a pack here. She was looking forward to it, really; she liked The Burn, and maybe her future pack could be there. But she would have to look around a little more first; you never knew when you found some better and prettier area -- with more elk. Speaking of which, maybe she could find a hare to eat.

The russet-colored wolf stood up, looked around, and began to race playfully down the grassy slope toward the Dry Creek.

((Oh, and yes, the Dry Creek is a dry creek. I accidentally made it look kind of like water :P))
Back to top Go down
Splashie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Splashie

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:44 pm

Splash sighed and looked over at her brother Dragon. They were had been staying at a place called Douglas Fir Forest. She looked over the land as she heard her brother stand up. They had just killed a small elk. She didn't know why her brother had stayed with her but she was glad. Her brother had picked this place because he said that he could be under the trees and there were places where she could see the sky. The red-brown wolf stood up and stood by her grey brother.

Dragon stood up and looked up at the sky. "Splash, you sould go eat. There is a lot for us." He saw a russet colored animal running to a place called Dry Creek. What is that,he tought. He shook his head and looked away. He liked this place here. It had enough prey for his sister and him and cover from the rain or sun in the summer. He smiled and turned his head back to the animal running.
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 8:08 pm

((I'd like to start at the Lamar Overlook, to the west of Fossil Forest. That place is cool. Hehe. You can use bronze for my color.))

Anchor raced up the hill as fast as he could. It wasn't that much of a steep hill, but it was long. He had a feeling there was something on the other side, but it was one of those feelings where you knew it was true but couldn't quite place how you felt it. Anchor's paws churned, his heart pumping - he was getting tired, but he wanted to get to the other side of the hill. Perhaps there would be some water there.

He glanced ahead - there was a dip in the ground, and maybe there was water there, but he wanted to make it to the crest of the hill before he drank anything. He left pawprints in the dry grass as he sped towards the other side.

Finally, the sky grew, and he found himself squabbling for a grip on the only apparent source of flat ground. He managed to still himself on the edge of the cliff, and looked down. The ground fell away below him in a mix of rock and crumbling sand, the slope gradually lessening until it came to a valley. There was a river in the distance, and then more tall hills. Coniferous trees crowded the slope below him, and he took it in with his eyes. It was all so wonderful, the view of the farther reaches of Yellowstone. He shook himself briefly, the energy filling him, and then lifted his muzzle in a howl of excitement. He let it echo across the cliff, only clipping it short when he couldn't wait any longer and launched himself down the steep slope.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 8:14 pm

OOC//: Let's hope this post doesn't stink! XD

Luna's eyes were wide and bright as she tilted her nose towards the bright pink morning. She did this every morning, but the outcome was always the same. Wake up at the very edge of Fossil Forest, at the highest portion of land, look out over Dry Creek, watch the sun rise, and then debate for a split second whether or not she should howl. It wasn't accustom for a lone, female wolf to howl, at the sun of all things, she had no pack, and she was fairly certain no other wolves were around, but she always wondered. Just the other day, while exploring, she found an elk carcass, but not five steps away was a grizzly she had to chase off. Luna didn't mind being around other animals, grizzlies, hare, anything really. She could take down small things, sure, a hare here or there, but the leftovers from a grizzly helped keep her alive sometimes.

The jet black wolf blended in with the morning shadows as the sun seemed to pass her by. Her jade green eyes were the only part of her visible as she lowered her head and pressed her ears flat against her skull. "Welcome to another lonely day as Luna." She blinked, the irony wasn't lost on her. A wolf, black as night, who appreciated being in the sun more than hunting in the moonlight like most wolves.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:55 pm

((Sorry, Breycrazy52, not accepted. Not only is your personality only one sentence long, but it lacks proper punctuation. If you want to be accepted, you should expand a little more. For example, is your wolf energetic or laid-back? Does she get angry easily or does she seem to have an endless temper? Is she quiet or is she extremely chatty? Put a little more effort into it and I can accept you Big Smile

Also, I'm waiting for everyone else to post their first post before I make the map and my second post.))
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:32 pm

)Sorry! :# school's being a butt so my time's limited. Arnou is starting off at the edge of Fossil forest that is closest to Lamar River.(

Arnou dropped the hare onto the river rocks and plodded through the shallows. He sighed and looked up to determine the time of day. Around morning, still.
This day seemed to drag on forever- past the infinite time it had taken him to catch the small rabbit.
"Memory to self- stop talking." The golden wolf licked a few drops of the ice-cold stream, and then walked back up quickly to eat the rabbit.
Those blasted coyotes could be around here, and that meant he had to eat quickly. He finished the hare quickly and started to follow the riverbed up torwards Fossil Forest.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:55 pm

((It's okay.
Apparently, everyone whom I've accepted has posted, so I've created a character map. I tried to use colors that would show up, so hopefully it looks okay, and everyone is in about the right spot.
Also, when packs are formed, I will keep the territories recorded on this map, and expand it a little so that there's more room. At this rate, we'll have three different packs, but that's the same amount as those that are on this map in WolfQuest. At some point, I'll have to either start a plot that causes everyone to move, or stop accepting applications other than those for pups...))

Kagami stopped running for a moment as she reached the Dry Creek and a deep howl reached her ears. It wasn't a territorial howl or anything... it was more like one of excitement. The red-and-gray wolf's ears pricked, and she looked toward the source. It was apparently coming from Fossil Forest, and sounded like a male. She wasn't sure whether the wolf who had howled was in a pack or not, but as far as she knew, there was nothing down there, so she might as well go investigate. But first, she would look around here.

As she glanced at her paws, she realized that they were now on top of sand of a different color. She had definitely reached the Dry Creek. It had probably been dry for a long time, although there was a water hole a little north of here. Perhaps she could go there. She started along the gentle upward slope again, her amber eyes determined as she investigated the source of the howl and began to head northeast.

She began to draw closer to the edge of the steep downward slope that was the beginning of Fossil Forest. The water hole was just to her right. She knew that she wasn't exactly at the place from which the howl had rung out, but she wanted to get a drink first. Kagami dipped her head into the cool water, enjoying it as she lapped it up. After a few seconds, she shook her head quickly and raised it, letting the drops land on her fur.
Back to top Go down
Splashie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Splashie

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:12 pm

Splash

Splashpool nodded to her brother who was older than her so she had to listen. She padded over to the elk and took a small bite. She felt the fresh meat in her mouth and took a bigger bite out of it. She could tell her brother was watching something even with her back toward him. He was never that still unless he was asleep, hunting, waiting for prey, or watching something he wanted to find out about. "Dragon you can go see what it is if you want to. Just be back by night time." She ate some more of the elk.

Dragon

Dragon tilted his head as the animal's form got smaller and smaller. He jumped as Splash told him he could go see what it was. He turned around and looked at her. Her back was to him and he walked over to her. "How did you I want to go see what it is?" He was suprized when she said,"Because you were super still and I know you." He smiled and asked,"Are you sure you will be okay without me here?" "Please, I know how to be by myself. You go on and explore,"she answered him calmly. He smiled and trotted off.

He stared to run once the trees thinned out. He stopped at The Dry Creek and sniffed the air. He could smell wolf and shook his head. "It was another wolf?" He sighed and followed the sent to the other side of The Dry Creek. "Where was it going? The Water Hole?" He ran faster to catch up and so that he could be back by night fall. He saw red-ish color again and slowed down to a walk.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:10 pm

Her attention was caught, however, by an approaching sound of footsteps. Her still-dripping fur splashed the ground around her as she turned her head to see what was approaching. It was another wolf, with gray fur and swirls of lighter markings. Kagami's amber eyes sparked with curiosity, though a flash of nervousness passed through her. Why did this wolf follow her? She took a few steps back, but jumped up as she accidentally padded into the cold water. Probably looking foolish, she snorted and stepped back out. Instead of retreating, she took a few steps to the side and kept her gaze from landing directly on the strange wolf. She had been careless about seeing whether anyone else was nearby earlier. She had to remember that at this time of year, when it was just the end of winter, there were more wolves than just those in the packs...
Back to top Go down
Mad MOAI
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Mad MOAI

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:28 pm

Anchor rushed down the slopes, the wind hacking at his face with an invisible axe. It made his eyes water, but he only enjoyed the sensation of his paws lasting for only a split second on the rock and dry grass that lined the faces of the hill. His paw pads would probably pay for this, but he knew that there was a spring to the south of here in which he could easily wash them. The brown wolf dropped speed as the slope leveled out, but he turned his head to the right - a larger hill upwards was waiting for him there. He quickly changed directions, his paws treading on grass instead of rock now. Douglas fir trees dotted the hill, and he made a game of dodging between them. After all, running was quite fun.
Back to top Go down
Splashie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Splashie

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:46 pm

Dragon

Dragon stopped when the other wolf turned and looked at him. He laughed lightly as she stepped in the cold water. He watched her step to the side and smiled. "You know I don't normally bite other wolves unless they try to hurt me." He walked slowly to the side of the watering hole and looked down at the water. "I'm Dragon,"he kept his eyes on the water nut looked over at the refection of the red-grey wolf. He knew she wouldn't answer him and he sat down with his eyes still on the water.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 8:07 pm

Kagami noticed that the other wolf -- Dragon, apparently -- probably didn't intend to follow her, and was most likely just getting a drink at the water hole. She nodded and her tail wagged a little, but something still told her to keep looking around Fossil Forest for the howl. She padded around the border of the shallow, clear water, her eyes on the valley below. The ridge gave a spectacular view of the Lamar River below them, and Kagami stopped for a moment to look at it. How great it would be to live down there... But first she would have to find a mate here. She padded carefully down the steep slope, picking out footholds so that she wouldn't slip. This was definitely where the howl had come from, and she continued down into the valley.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:44 am

OOC//: Sorry for such the late post!

Luna's eyes darkened as she watched a blur race down one of the hills. Only to be accompanied by another blur. Wolves? She wasn't sure, but they couldn't have been anything else, could they? She was staying close to the edge of another pack's territory, but she'd long ago made a sort-of agreement with the pack. Though she didn't join, she was allowed to hunt on their territory for small things and eat their leftovers as long as they were done. Survival of the fittest; Luna was fit, but not strong.
Her nose twitched as the wind changed, bringing the now distinct sent of other wolves to her nostrils. Tail twitching, Luna looked down the rough slope she was on and her heart almost stopped. There, coming straight towards her and darting through trees was another wolf. Male or female she couldn't tell, but all she was thinking about was the fact she might have to protect her territory. Something the smaller wolf wasn't very good at, she could run, but that meant giving up the temporary den she had and the easier to hunt elk. She decided to wait to see whether the wolf was a friend, or foe. From there she would decide her next move.
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:58 pm

Arnou padded briskly around the outskirts of Fossil Forest, dipping his head occasionally to scent out other creatures. He slowed slightly at a howl, but then continued torward the sound. Wait- the large male halted, and whined slightly. That howl probably lured other new creatures too.
The last thing he wanted was to have a slight skirmish over the area of land that he had claimed on that northeast border of the river. Arnou ducked into the trees as he passed his own scent markers and blurs of other wolves seemed to race across the hills. The multicolored male growled defensively, and stalked closer torwards the water hole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wolves of Yellowstone   The Wolves of Yellowstone I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wolves of Yellowstone
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next