RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE.

Go down 
+2
Blank's Toucan
Peachfrost
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

Location : Dear Gravity, you've held me down in this starless city.

Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE. Empty
PostSubject: Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE.   Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:50 pm

Alrighty now, this isnt that important so I didnt stick it into the Staff announcements, but its somthing I need to get at.

GUYS. This might seem rude to some of you, but I have no intensions of it being so.

Lets say you see a question on the Questions Thread. It has about, oh, say, 4 pages on it. You see that a moderator, or the admin have already posted a few times, and that the question has been answered. THIS SHOULD BE A CLEAR SIGN AS TO HOW THE QUESTION IS GOING. If at least one person has already answered the question correctly or helped someone out, then we dont need 20 more posts with the same answer. I have been seeing this a lot and driving me crazy >.<'

Now dont get me wrong. I love helpful people. Its great when you guys help us out and answer questions for people when we can't get to them right away. But it is so unbelievably unnecissary
to post the answer 8 or 9 times. Espesially when the person who answered the problem posted right above you! *headdesk*

Example- newmember- "How do you put a picture in your siggy? I can't get it to work *blahblahblablahblah*'

member- 'oh! thats easy. you just *blahblahblahblah*'

{post under it}
another member- 'just do this! *blahblahblhblah*'

{another post...}
another member ><- 'click on this, then *blahblahblah*'

AND THEY WOULD ALL BE THE SAME ANSWER. OMG PEOPLE. xD Can you not see that 10 other people have already come along and solved the issue? xD

Or we get things like this.

new member- 'So I was wondering about the posts count on...*blahblahblah*?'
member- 'Welcome! So after this many posts, you... *blahblahblah*'

another member- ' Good question. I don't know.'

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? *headdesk* I think its pretty easy to see what wrong with that one.

So. Call me impatient or strict or whatever, but I think you guys need to , say, look up more? I don't know how to say it. But you get my point. We don't need 20+ answers to a question asked back in July or somthing.
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE.   Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 2:36 pm

I agree completely Winter.
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE.   Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 2:39 pm

Yeah.. Angle Angel replied on my question saying she didn't know and that doesn't realyy help you know? :)
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE.   Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:58 pm

Absolutly. That was my last straw when I saw his/her post. >.< It just drives me nuts!
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE.   Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 4:06 pm

I agree Winter... Except, sometimes someone left out something or, there is a diffrent way to do something so people are just trying to give what they think is easier... Also No offence to anyone but I think the mods and admin shouldn't answer every question unless members are getting all of the answers wrong or unless it involves mods like the thread 'Moderating System...' Other wise you maker an excellent point ^-^ Also someone needs to send a PM to Ginger, Winter, Or Storm (Blizzard) if there is a thread that needs closing...
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE.   Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 4:11 pm

In that case, Rainy, where say someone left out a detail in the answer to the question, then a couple of people could post the rest of the answer or a different method to help out. But What I have been seeing is the same exact answers, OVER AND OVER AND OVER T.T in many posts. It just aggrivates meh..

anyways, mods and admins arent the only ones who should answer questions. I didnt mean it that way. Its just that somtimes only we can answer the questions, you know? xD I dun know what I just said, so, I hope you do xD
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE.   Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 4:15 pm

I understand completely ^^ Thanks for clarifying (SP?) that with me ^_^
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE.   Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 4:21 pm

Right then. Im glad Im not the only one who has noticed this.
Back to top Go down
A Christmas Star
Role-Play Master
Role-Play Master
A Christmas Star

PostSubject: Re: Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE.   Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 6:14 pm

So, do you maybe close the thread after it is solved...?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freerice.com
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE.   Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 7:32 pm

What do mean, like a question thread? We don't close those, even though I think we should....but we never really have unless the person who asks the question wants us to.
Back to top Go down
Mistyy
One Special Member!
Mistyy

PostSubject: Re: Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE.   Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 8:59 pm

Oooh, I know! It gets me ssoooo annoyed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE.   Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Answering Questions- read this PAH-LEASE.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPcentral Forum :: RPC News, Guides, and Help :: RPC Announcements and Updates- FOR MEMBERS-
Jump to: