RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

- Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

- Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP) Empty
PostSubject: - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP)   - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:02 pm

(Heck. To the. Yus. XD)

Xavier Institution for the Gifted

We've all heard of the strange things happening. People that can walk through walls, Take your life-force only by touching you, claws coming from your hands, reading minds. But there's a place for people like this, mutants, it's called the Xavier Institution, run by a mutant himself.
It's more of a safe haven than a school. Sure, you can generally get information about other mutants and learn about your powers there. But you're there for one reason. To train, against the normal humans that want to take your powers away from you. The government thinks you are all to dangerous to be left alive. So right now, your only hope is that you can manage to stay alive long enough to get to the Institution.
That is, if someone hasn't already sold you out to the government and they're abou to knock down your door.

Plot -
This is based on X-Men, the whole Mutants/people with powers thing. And slightly follows that, what with the name of the 'school' and all that. But this isn't a 'school' rp. You're all kids on the run from people that either want to kill you, or slice you open and see what makes you tick. You can have people at the school already, or you can have people on the run that meet up with other mutants. Point is, you will all end up at the school eventually, unless, you well, die.

Rules -
1) I'd like for you to only have one power, or two, depending. If your first is uber powerful, then please don't have a second one. But say, you can grow claws like Wolverine, then yes, you may be able to heal quicker than others. It's a whole give/take process. We don't want your character bleeding everytime they try to attack someone. XD
2) You can be on the run, or already at the school. Doesn't matter. I would like you to end up at the school before the big fight, I mean, we can't have random people still playing in allyways.
3) Yeah, you can be 'evil' technically, but all the mutants are against the idea of the goverment killing them and taking their powers. Unless, you want to try and make a pact with the government, then by all means. (That was a joke. You can be 'evil', just try not to act like your on the government's side. Kind of screws with my plot. XD)
4) Please, no gary-stus or mary-sues, otherwise known as perfect characters. This goes along with number one. You can't just be 'beautiful' and perfect. Everyone's got their flaws. Try and follow all the normal RPC rules too, if you don't know what they are, links in the sig.
5) This is a big one. HAVE FUN! XD

- Form -
Full Name - First, middle, last, or just first and last, if you don't mind.
Age - I'd like for them to be no younger than twelve, and no older than eighteen.
Description - Brief description of what they look like. No pictures unless you drew it yourself. Try and make it detailed, but not to long.
Description of Powers - One or two powers, depending on what your first may be. Don't be over-kill on this. I know everyone wants to be able to kill everything in sight, but try not to have a 'killing everyone' power. K? XD Oh, and I know mind-reading is a popular power, but try and keep it limited to how many people have this.
Plus, I want to add that yeah, I'm going to let you have ANY power. Even something that doesn't seem like a 'real' power. If you aren't sure, post your form, and I'll tell ya'.
History - Where did they live? What were their parents like? Do they have family anymore? Were they kicked out of their house? Are they from a different country? Try and make this whatever you want. I won't judge.
Other? - Already at the Institution, or On the Run?

Already at the Institution -
Ruby Hawn Smith - Sixteen - Voice Mimicking - {Vixen}

On the Run -
Katherine Nikohle Harris - Sixteen - Magic - {Myself}
Sapphire A Tora - Twelve - Shape-Shifting - {Lan Fan}
Seraphate Victory Radd - Fourteen - Matter morphing/air travel - {Blankie}
Blake Nathaniel Denton - Sixteen - Transporting Objects - {Jay}

My Forms -
Spoiler:

News! - (In the RP world, and out, new members, where some characters are. What-not)
It's officially started! Kat is somewhere in Pennsylvania, on the run from a government S.W.A.T. team searching for mutants. Here's to hoping she doesn't die! - 1/23/2011

Last edited by Rebecca on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP)   - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:59 pm

Full Name - Sapphire A Tora
Age - 13
Description - Sapphire is quite young to be at the Institute, though supposedly she's not the youngest one there. She stands relatively short for her age, so she sometimes even seems younger than she really is. Her eyes are a bright blue, somewhat close to the gem of her name. Her hair isn't extremely long, as she is still young, but it is longer than average. Her hair is dark black and straight, though there is an occasional wave here and there, betraying the fact that she probably had it straightened at some point earlier. She tends to wear darker-colored clothes, most often a kind of blue. She prefers warmer clothes, but if it's hot outside she'll resort to shorter-sleeved shirts if she needs to.
Description of Powers - Sapphire is a shapeshifter. She can change into any living creature she likes, with some restrictions. This creature must be the same size as her or smaller. But thanks to the fact that she's young and small for her age, this only allows her to resort to the animals that aren't as strong in size as those that will be available as she gets older. Hopefully she won't stay this size for the rest of her life...
History - Sapphire was originally normal, like any person you might see in a town in Maryland. She was pretty much indifferent to people and lived out in the middle of nowhere, honestly. She ran the house with her mother and father, having no siblings. However, when Sapphire was twelve, her family moved to a larger city, which stressed Sapphire out a lot. She suddenly felt insecure and small, comparing herself to a mouse quite frequently. That was fine, until she unknowingly turned into one. At that point, she ran away, unintentionally going toward the Xavier Institute.
Other? - I'm doing something stressful as I post this, so the history isn't as long as it could be but I don't want to go through the trouble of reserving a post.
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP)   - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:59 pm

Full Name - Seraphate Victory Radd -Goes by SV-
Age - Fourteen
Description - SV has the tall, 5'8 build of someone who looks like they went to the gym everyday for 10 years. Everything is toned and muscular, but yet still feminine. She looks like she could be the average teenager, until you see her skin. Quicksilver grey is the only word to describe it. Seraphate's entire body lacks diversity in color, and even her eyes are pupil-less and white-less quicksilver. Her skin is as cold as marble, and instead of regular skin and blood she is created from some kind of flexible metal and Quicksilver running through her veins. Daily attire is a silver-spun halter dress that she wears with darkwash flare jeans. SV has a light, trilling tone in her voice that can change in a split second and Quicksilver colored hair that drops to waist level when undone.
Description of Powers - )Based on the Silver Surfer( Seraphate owns a silver board that is almost indestructible, and is mentally linked to her mindset. It seems to be made of the same Quicksilver material and she can temporarily trap certain organisms inside the board, kind of like a snowboard for a cargo ship. The storage space goes on unlimited, but on occasion things will spontaneously fall out when it's had enough. She also has the strength of 20 people, and can lift heavily.
History - Seraphate has very limited knowledge of her past, but what she can remember is of her childhood. Her parents were kind people who looked exactly like her, but didn't get out much so she was most of their attention span. She has vauge memories of looking out her bedroom window and seeing a tiny little blue-and-green planet, but disregards them as dreams. One day she came home from the private school she had been going to for most of her life, and found both her parents dead. Two SWAT teams surrounded her as they flooded into the house, but she escaped on the board.
Other? - On the Run
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

PostSubject: Re: - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP)   - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:35 pm

Full name- Ruby Hawn Smith
Age- Sixteen
Description- Ruby is your general, normal looking girl. Her hair is light ad wispy, so you can only barely make out the bright orange and redish color it has. Her hair has a couple of curly pieces, so it givs off the 'bouncy' type of look. Her eyes are a bright green, with litle flecks of blue dotting around her pupil, but you can only see this when you're face to face with Ruby. Freckles cover the bridge of her nose and under her eyes, then sort of fade off after that. She has a slim, sturdy figure, but sometimes seems to look too thin. Her skin is an abornormal pale, so she tries to stay outin the sun when she's not being chased by crazy people. She's not small or tall, and stands at about five feet six inches.
Usually Ruby likes to wear frilly things. She likes skirts with ruffles and blouses with frills, no matter the color. The only color she won't wear is black, claiming it contrasts with her pale skin and eyes. She has a pair of tennis shoes that she loves because they're rainbow stripes, and you can lift the tongue to make it seperate into different colored pieces.
Description of powers-
Ruby can imitate voices. First she hears a conversation, and can repeat the exact words again with the voices of the people talking. When she's so called 'recording' or 'playing', her eyes flash a dark lavender color. She can only replay a conversation once, but she'll always have it in her mind.
History- Ruby can remember only some of her history. She use to live with her aunt, but had no idea on what happene dto her parents. She lived in Italy, but was treated poorply amoung the citizens. Tired with the neglect, Ruby ran away and moved to merica. Here she learned she was special, and that people would love to get their hands on her. She was on the run for a long time, but found the institute just in time.
Other?- At the institution.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP)   - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:41 pm

{All Accepted! I'll add to the front, and whoever wants to can just start off their characters, 'cause I'ma start off Kat.}

"This would be so much easier if they sold eye of newt at grocery stores." Kat muttered to herself, brushing her hair back from her face as she walked into the small 'magic' shop around the corner. She was somewhere near Pennsylvania. Not like she actually knew where. It really didn't matter, she'd barely gotten past D.C. without causing an all-out war. Some S.W.A.T. team people searching the streets for her 'kind' saw her, and kept asking her questions, where her family was, if she was a mutant, you know, the norm. Kat had brushed them off as much as she could before blasting them back with a quick force field and dashing off. Now she was dirty, smelled like the streets, and searching for something to help her do a locator spell of sorts.
Kat had yet to figure out how exactly her power worked, so she was resulting to popping in and out of camp-y 'magic' shops, hoping she'd stumble across something interesting and helpful. So far, it was a bust, but hey, if she was lucky, she wouldn't die tonight. That would be nice. She'd seen way to many mutants in her days on the run getting carted off the street like stray dogs, and thrown into the back of those white vans. Kat shuttered to herself, picking a book off the shelf and flipping through it. Just a bunch of bunnies being pulled out of hats. Sheesh, could this get any more difficult?
She just wanted to do a spell to find some school, or Institution that she'd heard a couple of S.W.A.T. members talking about. Some 'safe haven' for mutants. They were talking about tearing it down, so she figured anywhere they didn't like, would probably be the safest place for her at the mo'. Kat just hoped she could get there before the S.W.A.T.s decided to drop her a house call and cart her off to some mutant detention center, to strip her of her powers. That'd be fun.
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP)   - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Seraphate ducked farther down into the truck, almost flat on her back. In the course of 3 hours she had done the following: 1. Escaped her own house. Alive. 2. Spent another hour hiding on the roof of a magic shop. 3: She was still sitting in the back of the pickup near the shop. That was the course of her escape. Her board lay flat beside her, and slightly glinted in the overpowering sunlight. She quickly threw a nearby tarp over it to avoid the shining light. "Great." She muttered. "Just great- of all places to be." She dragged her hand across the right side of her face, and then shot another glance at the tarp. 'No, I'm not taking it off. You're too shiny.' SV retorted to the board. It was complaining. Again. Radd sat up it the truck slightly, peering over the chipped blue siding. She had managed to get from South Carolina to Pennsylvania in an hour. "That's probably a third-place record." The quicksilver teen started talking to herself again.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP)   - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Full Name - Blake Nathaniel Denton

Age - Sixteen, borderline seventeen.

Description - Blake has thick brown hair which is usually messed up and has no style what-so-ever. He has dark brown eyes that get darker as they near the pupil. He stands at about 5' 6". Blake usually wears a t-shirt (even when it's freezing outside.) along with jeans unless if it's really hot, he wears shorts. Blake has a light tan. He always has a dark green backpack over his shoulder which usually gives him the typical 'Oregon stereotype' look . He usually is seen carrying a worn-down copy of Treasure Island (in his backpack) which was given to him by his Great-Grandfather before he passed away. His backpack contains a small sketchpad, an empty waterbottle, and his i-pod which is loaded with his favorite movies and music. From living in Oregon his whole life, he can easily scale up and down cliffs like they are simple hills, and can swim pretty well.

Description of Powers - Blake can summon and expel things to and from, from place to place. Though this may seem like a rather intense power, with being able to summon anything from a sandwich to a nuclear bomb. Yet, summoning objects comes with a price. The farther the distance the object is taken from, along with how complex and large it is, drains more energy from Blake. His abilities also range from summoning and expelling inanimate objects. Even summoning his pet dog, Fluffy would likely cause him to enter a coma for years at a time, or worse killing him.

History - Blake lived and grew up in the suburbs of Portland, OR. Constantly putting up with the wet and rainy, with barely a ray of sunlight except for the one week of the year where it peaked above 90 degrees. When it came down to it Blake was a jack of all trades, at the age of 10 he learned how to load and shoot a gun, he was pretty outdoorsy outside of his social life. If presented with a cliff or rock face, Blake could scale up and down it as if he actually had a harness on, or a helmet. In junior high, and high school, Blake was in between the rank of Jock and Geek. He played baseball, and was a decent outfielder when it came down to it. However he was also a bookworm, and could practically quote the whole third Harry Potter.

Other? - On the Run
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP)   - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:08 pm

(Oops, I didn't realize that it was "Institution," not "Institute" xP

Man, this now reminds me of Unwind, one of the best books ever! Enthusiasm perk. I'm writing like a character from that book now.)

Sapphire had no idea where she was going. At all. One day she was at home -- or at least as "at home" as she could be -- in the city, and another she was running blindly to some place in the country that was likely a dead end. She would turn into something that was good at navigating, but she never felt safe. She had the ability to shapeshift, but right now, she could only work with small animals. She was smaller than average herself in human form, so that was probably part of the reason for her inexperience. But then again, the teenager had just discovered her power, and probably needed more practice. It might have been her luck that she was small, since everyone was after her, and it was harder to find her, but at the same time, she might stand out.

Now what animal was relatively inconspicuous in a city?

For a moment, she thought, and then a certain bird came to mind. It was a bird that had strong instincts for where to come back to, that had numbers in the hundreds -- thousands -- millions? -- in cities on the East Coast, and of which Sapphire had seen a lot in her short life in the city. It was something nobody thought of as out of the ordinary, and nobody would second guess.

Sapphire continued on with the body of a carrier pigeon.

Her mind was completely different now. Everything seemed so much bigger to her as she took off to the roofs of the buildings. The gray looked more neutral, and the sky was a drab gray rather than blue -- after all, most birds couldn't even see the color blue, ironically. But she did have this instinct pulling at her. Not to go back, but to go somewhere she had never been before. It was just as a carrier pigeon would do: go somewhere unknown to deliver a message, and come back. But for some reason, as Sapphire flapped her blunt and clumsy wings to stay in the air above the tacky shops below her, she had a feeling that she wouldn't be coming back to this place.
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

PostSubject: Re: - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP)   - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Ruby was offically and totally bored. Just sitting in a nearly empty institution wasn't any fun anymore. All the other mutants probably felt the same as her. She wandered down the corriders, scowling a the blank floors and walls. Why couldn't they send more people out to find the other lost mutants out there? She would love to go, but it was clearly stated she couldn't leave, or she'll get shot down or kidnapped by the crazy government. America was suppose to be a free place, apparently. But Amecian's were also liars. Everytime Ruby heard that she'd start laughing insanely and replay that to anyone who would listen. Mutants got a kick out of hearing some political guys say that, since they were all getting hunted down by S.W.A.T. and other stupid forces. She ran a had through her hair, lingerng at one of the exits, feeling sort of lame and awkward. It wouldn't hurt to go just look for some her kind, right? She could defend herself well enough. Not to mention her nasty blackmailing and sneaking skills. Her hand rested on the doorknob, pale and warm against the cold metal. One search and that would be all. For now.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP)   - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:25 pm

{I'm sorry. XD I should've posted yesterday at least. Don't kill me?
Oh, and accept Jay, RP whenever!}

Kat tapped her finger on her leg as she flipped through another 'magic' book. Man, this was like searching for a needle in a haystack. Not only did she have no idea how her powers worked, or if she even needed a book to help her; this 'small' task was proving more difficult that she wanted it to be. Finally, the girl put the book back on the shelf and turned away fromt the curious eye of the store-keeper. Wandering towards the back, Kat just resorted to slipping out there, using the front door was not her friend, and it was already getting late. Blinking at the dimming light, she stepped into the small allyway and was met with a delivery truck, of sorts, right in front of her. Scowling, she was about to just slither past it, pressing her back up against the bricks, when the tarp covering the back rustled.
She froze. Barely breathing, staring at the tarp like it was about to be the death of her. Gulping slowly, her eyes seemed to darken and adjust to the dim light automatically before she was grabbing the tarp in one motion and jerking it off of the back of the truck.
To expose a girl with pale silver skin and her... snowboard? "What. The Hades?"

{Short. Ack, sorry! Kind of a loss for words, but Vix, I don't mind if you switch Ruby to being on the run, if you want. I know no one else is at the Institute, so that's got to be boring. xD And Lan Fan, pop in on Kat and Sera whenever you want.}
Back to top Go down
Blank's Toucan
One Special Member!
Blank's Toucan

PostSubject: Re: - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP)   - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 6:46 pm

Seraphate froze as soon as the tarp was thrown off. A black haired girl stood there- and they both looked like they were dead for a moment. SV grabbed the board, lunged out of the truck, and vaulted into the air another three feet. She clutched onto the silver ellipse for a minute, but then crouched over the edge to look down at the other girl. If that SWAT team was near Seraphate just got seriously busted. "Who are you?" The quicksilver girl said in a smooth baritone pitch. Just go ahead and scream and run away like everyone else does. She thought in her head, but remained ready to flee herself if this turned out a bust. This was just great. "Shuddup!" Sera glared down torwards her hand that gripped the edge of the smooth board. It wasn't complaining, but it wasn't a very polite board either.

)Haha, the board just totally dissed Kat. xD(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP)   - Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

- Xavier Institution for the Gifted - (A Mutant RP)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPcentral Forum :: Humanoid Role-Plays :: Other RPs-
Jump to: