RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]

Go down 
+2
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Jay
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

[Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] Empty
PostSubject: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:16 pm

This is inspired by a chatbox conversation that Rebecca, Vixen, Branch, and I had. It was about if everyone met in Michigan. xD
Sorry if it really stinks.

preface

Spoiler:

Chapter I
Spoiler:
Chapter II
Spoiler:

Chapter III
Whatever had happened that caused this whole world to turn upside down, wasn't something I never wanted to encounter again. The ground continued to shake violently, just like in my dream. It stopped and started almost continuously. I looked around at my friends. They were all looking at me as if I was crazy. “What’s wrong you guys…?” I asked, bewildered.
“Other than the fact that the world is up in flames you mean?” He stated rhetorically in a quiet manor. The crackle of fire burning down building and trees sounded throughout my head. Rebecca responded in a serious tone. “Jay, you just walked right into those flames back there. Then the fire around us burnt out… as if, you were controlling it.” She stated shaking her head as the ground shook again. I shrugged; this probably was not the time to explain that some invisible force dragged me into the fire. Alex looked like she was holding back tears. She was standing staring out at her house, which was now just a pile of charred wood. Again, as far as I could see the land was with black or red, just a charred mess.
A loud shot rang out, a plume of dirt/ash shot up towards me, and a group of men in dark green suits with guns stepped out from behind the pile of ember and rubble that was once Alex’s house. I heard the loud click of a gun being reloaded. “GET COVER!” I yelled, but there was nothing, just burning trees and flat ground.
“Surrender o’ be kill!” The man who had shot at us yelled out. He seemed to have a heavy Western Asian accent and spoke broken English.. He approached us; I backed up but felt the barrel of a gun lodged up inbetween my shoulder blades. I looked back out of the corners of my eyes and everyone else had a gun pointed to their back also. They flanked us. I gulped and the same thing that I felt leap in my chest before when I felt worried about the fire and getting out. However, now it was subtler as if it was urging me to but, not dragging me off. The same feeling spread to my arms. And before I knew it a blast of fire shot out of my hand like a bullet and knocked Mr. KillO’Surrender off his feet. I gasped at my own power, turned around, and imagined my hand firing a shot of fire into my captor’s stomach. He yelped and aimed his gun at mine. I could see his finger tightening around the trigger in a shaky way. Before I knew it the gun flew out of his hand and hit the ground in a shatter of wood and metal. I looked around myself; I was surprised to see everyone doing the exact same thing as I did with my fire, just different.
Anna was making rocks and earth fly across and then knocks the people off their feet. Lauren was making everyone freeze in a block of ice (which strangely did not melt.) Danny was causing lightning to shoot from the ground and his palms. Ben was causing water from the lake to try to drown and or knock the men to the ground. Eric was causing blasts of air to erupt from his hands towards Mr. KillO’Surrender’s followers. Alex was causing green plants to shoot up out of the ground and wrap around our neighborhood friend’s body and prevent them from moving, until they stopped breathing and went limp with unconsciousness. In addition, Rebecca was causing the remaining rubble from the house to knock the shooters out. She had also made sure that every person was empty of a weapon.
I nodded thanks to Rebecca, for knocking the rifle out of the person’s hand. I turned around and aimed a blast at the last man. I stared at everyone else, after I made sure that there was not a straggler. All of my friend’s had the same look as I did; bewildered.

Chapter IV

I looked around at my friends. They were looking at their hands and bodies as if they were changing color or turning into some creature. “Did you guys have dreams too?” I asked, running my hand through my hair in confusion. They nodded.
“I was surrounded by a vortex of water.” Ben said looking up at everyone else.
“EXACTLY!” Yelled Danny in an excited voice. The fire was starting to go out as the wind picked up. The ground had been covered in ash and soot. There was just a few charred trees’ still standing but they were smoldering.
“My arm had been almost urging for me to control it. Then… it just came. As easy as can be. Like it was natural.” Anna said, shrugging. Her hand was out in front of her and she was making an ash-coated rock float up and down in her hand and form into different shapes, as if it was clay. Alex had separated from the group and was walking towards her house. Vixen made a move to go and console her, but Rebecca gave her a glare as if to say ‘Leave her alone’. She walked into the middle of the pile and pulled out what looked like a picture in a fancy golden frame. I ran my hand through my hair again and then bent down to look at one of the unconscious men.
He was wearing a beige uniform. I flipped him over to get a better look at the front. He had a stitched on patch with the Soviet Union symbol on it. I frowned and examined his facial features. Definitely Russian, I saw his eyes slowly creep open along with a soft grown. I glared at him, stood up, and put my hands on my knees. “Why did you attack us?” I asked in a growl. I was not usually like that, I guess it was all the adrenaline’s fault. He groaned again before answering. He called my friends and me a name, which should not ever be repeated. I glared at him and urged my hand to ignite in flames. I saw Rebecca had a large piece of rock floating above him. And Danny’s hand was coursing with electricity. “5…4…3…” I counted down, his eyes opened. “2…” I whispered my lips pursed.
“Wait! Nuke! Nuke!” He said urgently. My hand distinguished, it took a few moments for the truth to sink in. I looked up at my friends who were gathered around the man. I made a circular motion, to urge him to tell more.
“We launch Nuclear Bombs. All around world. To every city and town. Everyone should dead. We sent out from secret station to… uh kill and die everyone still alive.” I looked up at my friends. This time the full impact had hit me full on, like a train. Most of my friends had tears forming in their eyes. I did too. All of our friends, loved ones, all signs of life and color had been wiped clean off this earth.
“U.S. retaliate. Whole world in ashes. Only Soviet Union alive.” He whispered. “Wait, the Soviet Union’s been non-existent since 1991.” I said as I wiped the lone tear from my cheek. I was trying to act tough, it was hard knowing I’d never see my parents or siblings again. Or play with my dog. As far as I knew, I’d never see a blade of grass.
“We re-gather. We reassemble world. From ashes up, over again.” He muttered, before zoning back into unconsciousness. Terror spread across my face and I looked up at my friends. They had the same expression as I did. Like the last trace of hope had erased from their souls.

Chapter V

Chapter 5
Most of my friends could not keep the tears from rolling out of their eyes. Both Anna, Lauren, and Eric were just staring down at the ash-ridden ground. Danny and Ben had both started pacing around kicking the Russian soldiers in some of the most uncomfortable places. Alex was sitting on the ground staring at the picture of her parents. Even more unsettling, Rebecca had taken to hitting one of the higher-ranking soldiers senselessly with a large piece of heavy rock that she kept slamming down upon him with her powers. I just stared out over the small group of dead and unconscious bodies. Silent tears were running down my face like everyone else. The only remaining thought that kept my sanity was the idea that for some reason one of my parents or siblings was still out there; alive, and well, considering the conditions. I wiped the tears mixed with the thick layer of ash from my cheek, before turning onto my friends.
“We can’t just give up and waste away to nothing! Yes, our loved ones have probably passed on. Bu-” I stated loud enough so everyone could hear me, but I was interrupted, midsentence by Danny.
“They’re dead, dead as a raccoon in the middle of the interstate.” He announced in a sarcastically cheerful manner. There were multiple whimpers throughout my friends at Danny’s words of wisdom. I continued on, “But, we can still make it. We have taken down a troop of over twenty grown men. Who says we cannot manage. However, pretty much anything flammable has probably burned up. The contents in non-flammable buildings shouldn’t be nearly as affected. We need to gather both food and water. Don’t drink any water that’s not bottled, for as good as I know, the water could be fatal to anyone that idiotically decides to drink it.” When I stopped talking there were multiple nods and murmurs.
“We have multiple gallon sized bottles full of distilled water that we use for cleaning the boats when they get out of water. They’re in the small, steel tool shed up the road.” Alex said, speaking up from her spot on the ground. Both Danny and Ben offered to go and carry them down while the rest of us searched through the rubble for anything helpful. Everyone had finally calmed himself or herself down, even though I still sensed the pain that was still stuck in everybody’s chest like a bullet wound. Eric had taken to sending blasts of air to blow the thick ash away from the rubble so that we could all get a closer look. In addition, Rebecca had made the large logs and pieces of rubble move out of the way, making sure that she hit as many Russian soldiers as she could on the way.
The rubble was about as useless as a rock except for the few pieces of charred furniture, metal objects, and a particular steel safe, which seemed to be still intact except for the large dent in the side. I picked it up, and managed to heave it over out of the rubble, maybe Alex knew the combination. Once I set down the safe, I looked around and saw Alex looking up at me in surprise. She soon was crawling over the rubble towards me. I frowned at her, and she pointed towards the large metal object next to me.
“The combination’s Charley.” She said in a matter-of-fact tone. I shrugged my shoulder, and bent down to a squatting position before dialing the spinning mechanism onto each different letter. Once I flicked it to a ‘Y’, I heard a loud clicking noise, followed by the door swinging open. Inside was a large package of what looked to be trail-mix bars and a thin envelope with curly handwriting, written in dark red ink. I pulled both out, and looked at Alex in surprise.
“My parents, they told me that this was only to be opened when I was in dire need. I figure this counts as it.” She said sheepishly. I stared at her, before returning to the two random items I found. The package of bars lay next to me, while the envelope was in my left hand. By now a few of my other friends had gathered around in interest. Two of which were Dan and Ben whom had returned with the four fresh water jugs. The front of the envelope read: Open, when the time is right. I slid my right thumb along the seam, figuring that 'when the time was right.' would probably never come considering the state of things. What I found inside was a folded letter, which was now starting to yellow. The first words were written on in the same fancy handwriting.
To those of RP Central -

Last edited by Jay on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:14 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 2:06 pm

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN...

WIN. That dream reminds me of one I had once. Except I didn't breathe soot. XD Please continue?
Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:05 pm

Awesome!
MOAR!
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Ooooh!!
Interesting!
More please?
Back to top Go down
http://www.originalvampyre.tumblr.com/
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:38 pm

YAYZERZ!

Also, nice point about the anime shirt. :D

WRITE MOAR NAUGH!
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 7:18 pm

Have you written more yet? XD [/spam] But seriously.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 7:41 pm

Thanks guys... I didn't really think it was good.

I haven't worked on the next chapter yet. I haven't had time, I'll hopefully have the first chapter chapter up by tomorrow morning. If not today.
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 7:57 pm

YES.
YES YOU WILL.
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 1:54 am

Chapter I is up! I have no clue why you guys like this...
Back to top Go down
kieran c:
They're over 9000!
kieran c:

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 1:56 am

AWESOME.
=D
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 1:56 am

OHMYGOSHWHATHAPPENED?
Why is the sky burning?
ACK, IT'S BEAUTIFUL. WRITE MORE NOW?
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

Eric, eh? I like the ring to it!

So excited for the next chapter!
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 2:00 am

EPICEPICEPIC!
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 10:07 am

XD -brings out Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack- WHAT is GOING ON HERE? Sherlock Holmes? Yeah, I caught that. I love you. It's all good. Can I just say I love how Subs called you JayJay? Forget saying, NANOOK42, I'm saying JAYJAY! whenever I see you're on the chatbox. XD

PLEASE write more. Pleasepleaseplease? I can't tell if you're hallucinating, or the boat really flipped over. I must know. XD
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 2:07 pm

Chapter 2 is up!
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 2:11 pm

CRAZY.

This is so cool, though. It's like, you're the chosen one. XD Write more? PLEASE AND THANK YOUSE?
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 2:17 pm

YAY!
=D
EPIC.
You can control fire, Yes?
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:01 pm

Chapter 3 posted!
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
The Admins
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:16 pm

SWEETNESS!
=D
Wait? What's mah power?
I don't understand. xD
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:31 pm

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN...

XD This was cool. I can totally see myself as Pickachu an electricity dude.

WRITE.
MORE.

Last edited by Baaaanderrrrrrsnatchhhhhh on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:33 pm

I told you guys it was really outlandish. It should make a bit more sense in the upcoming chapters.
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:53 pm

I freeze you! Pwn, as always, Jay!
MOAR!
Back to top Go down
Suburbia
One Special Member!
Suburbia

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 10:37 pm

Awesome! I love how all the stories about elements know that my fav is air. Kudos to you!

And you said you were bad at writing!
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 10:44 pm

I am bad at writing Sub. xD I took a random guess.
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 10:10 am

AND YOU.

YOU WILL WRITE MORE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]   [Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Into the Ashes][Another RPC story by Jay][Preface - Chapter IV]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next