RPcentral Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPcentral Forum

The site for Role-Play crazy people! Welcome!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

If you use images- read here.

Go down 
+3
❝ lauren ❞
Jay
Peachfrost
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

Location : Dear Gravity, you've held me down in this starless city.

If you use images- read here. Empty
PostSubject: If you use images- read here.   If you use images- read here. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:38 pm

It has come to my attention that RPC has a severe case of theft about it.

Do you use pictures when making a new character in a role play? How about as a banner in a role play? in your siggy, avvie?

I'm sure that you all have.

Now, ask yourself this- did you ask the artist if you could use it?

This happens waaaay too often, you guys. I see it, and have been reported to, about a few specific members who have been taking the images off of websites like

Deviantart.com

Tinypic.com

and any other gallery-type website, and claiming them and/or using them without permission.

IT HAS TO STOP.

How would you feel if you made a new roleplay, and it became super popular. Everyone on RPC was on it. It's so great!!

OH NO. A new member has just copied the pasted the whole rp onto a different rp site, and said it was their creation.

HOW DO YOU FEEL NOW?

Yep, same concept.

GUYS. Did you know that the refrane of using a copywrote image is in the rules of RPC?

Yep. So if you took a pic (even just as a reference for a rp charrie,) without permission, you have broken the rules. If I see it a few times by each member, I will not worry. But if you continue to steall, then you will recieve a warning. (Remember- three warnings and your out of here!)

So, the next time you're on DA, and you see the perfect image for you're new Wolf Rp, or your Magical Horse form, ASK THE ARTIST (nicely,) IF YOU CAN-

Use it as a reference as a character on a role play,

Use it in your signature/avatar on a role play website,

Use it as a banner on a role play.

MAKE SURE TO STATE (while asking the artist nicely if you can use the pic,)-

That you will not claim it as your own, and distribute it to to other members saying that you made it.

I will list the websites that you do not have to ask the artist if you may use their images below, if you give me any.

This has been a public service announcement. xD

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: If you use images- read here.   If you use images- read here. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 8:33 pm

Nice Job Holly! This is a very much needed anouncment, Now we will have an even better site not filled with a bunch of Copyrighted images. (No offence to some people.)

By the way, sometimes on DA if you go and look on the description for an image it will tell if it is available to the public to use then you may take it if that is all that it says ;)
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: If you use images- read here.   If you use images- read here. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:01 pm

Aww, thank you :3

Exactly. Thats the first thing I do when I see a nice image on DA
Back to top Go down
Jay
They're over 9000!
Jay

PostSubject: Re: If you use images- read here.   If you use images- read here. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:02 pm

Ditto. ^^

You're welcome! I was just telling the complete truth. :)
Back to top Go down
❝ lauren ❞
The Admins
❝ lauren ❞

PostSubject: Re: If you use images- read here.   If you use images- read here. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 9:28 am

yep. I don't really use pics for DA and tinypic. Usally I make 'em or someone helps.
Back to top Go down
Otterwhisker
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Otterwhisker

PostSubject: Re: If you use images- read here.   If you use images- read here. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 3:09 pm

Yeah, copyrights stink because we're certianly not selling them or anything of the sort, but here are some flash-pic-maker substitutes for wolves and cat pics:

Wolf Maker- includes wings, etc
Warrior Cats- not magic
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: If you use images- read here.   If you use images- read here. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 4:57 pm

Great! Thanks!! :]
Back to top Go down
~~jennie~~
RP Addicted
RP Addicted
~~jennie~~

PostSubject: Re: If you use images- read here.   If you use images- read here. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:00 pm

i used to use pics of of other sites((always asked the artist first))but now i just draw my charries.
Back to top Go down
Lan Fan
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Lan Fan

PostSubject: Re: If you use images- read here.   If you use images- read here. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:04 pm

Great idea, Jennie. Remember, if you draw something you created, then you have all the rights over it, of course. ^^ And you can improve your art skills -- it's especially good if you want to pursue art later in your life like me.
Back to top Go down
Peachfrost
Original
Peachfrost

PostSubject: Re: If you use images- read here.   If you use images- read here. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:28 pm

Drawing is always an option :] I like that you get to create the character exactly how you would want them.
Back to top Go down
Ochre Pumpkin Pie
Trustworthy Member
Trustworthy Member
Ochre Pumpkin Pie

PostSubject: Re: If you use images- read here.   If you use images- read here. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:40 pm

Back to top Go down
http://monstersizedrps.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you use images- read here.   If you use images- read here. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you use images- read here.
Page 1 of 1